The Obama Commerative Peace Dollar

joseph engraver

Elite Cafe Member
Not knowing what is going to happen to the American currencies. I have taken on the terrible burden of designing a more stable coin. Ladies and Gentlemen I now offer you a preview of my handiwork for you comments. I hope you enjoy and consider this as a fun post and not political.
Have a great day

Attachments

• The Great Thief.JPG
    The Great Thief.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 536

Kevin P.

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I don't get the point of your image.
Have your cake and eat it: if you make a political point and then say it's not political?
Kevin

gtsport

Elite Cafe Member
I think his hand is on the wrong arm. Although it doesn't look political to me, what exactly is Obama doing in the picture?

Joe Paonessa

joseph engraver

Elite Cafe Member
Wrong handed

Wrong handed??? Oh my goodness; thank you so much for pointing out what IS a terrible mistake in the design of this engraving. I was concentrating on how I could make the hand look grasping and greedy and came to the conclusion that the thumb was the key to projecting that idea to the viewer. If I had left out the thumb a good part of the visual impact would be lost The coin was well under way I decided that no one would notice that it was like on the wrong arm. Now that the fact that I screwed up has been noted I will withdraw my coin from possible mass circulation.
I now have a one of a kind, very, very, rare coin; sort of like a double struck.
I really should put it away for my great grand children’s inheritance but I am sure once I kick the bucket some lucky estate lawyer will be able to trade it off for a Billion Bucks. However, due to the fact that I need extra money to supplement Social Security, and the liquid assets Franca and I worked honestly and passionately to retire on are in jeopardy, I will soon be listing it and other works of mine for sale at: INFO@HANDENGRAVINGGALLERY.COM
If any one could suggest to me what price I should expect to realize from this sad image’s sale. It would be much appreciated. This coin was once a beautiful 1926 Liberty Dollar until I defaced it. Is that still a Federal Offence? When I came up with the design I was upset by the Fox News network. Actually the hand in question should have been all thumbs. Yes it is true that you can’t have you cake and eat it too

Christopher Malouf

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
5mi from the nearest Dunkin Donuts in Tennessee
However, due to the fact that I need extra money to supplement Social Security, and the liquid assets Franca and I worked honestly and passionately to retire on are in jeopardy,

I just bought your book Joseph. Hard copy of course. That'll help out with the "caviar and cognac" for a little while south of the border. Looking forward to reading it.

As for the "non-political" commemorative .... you're gonna need a certificate of authenticity from the Liberian government or the Island of Samoa :big grin:

richard hall

Elite Cafe Member
Joseph,when it bottoms out I think you will find that its cheaper to live in the states than it is in Mexico. However, you may have to fight the bandits all over again to get in !!!!!

gtsport

Elite Cafe Member
> "you're gonna need a certificate of authenticity from the Liberian government or the Island of Samoa "

Very true, and Canada isn't too far behind.

Joe Paonessa

joseph engraver

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Joe, you have a good eye for anatomy. I appreciate everyone’s commenting on this rare and ugly piece of crap. I will try and do better and more tasteful work in the future.
Rod the pleasure is mutual and even though I know that the chances of a visit are remote, there is a hammock, you and your guitar are most welcome here.
Chris a book in a hard bound edition doesn’t exist. So don’t be disappointed in its plain cover when you receive it. I do appreciate the financial support, as the time it took for me to mature enough to be able to write it is only rewarded when some one takes the time to read what they have paid for.
In case, should any one ever want to self publish a book of your own, it costs about $1,000 dollars and the royalties are $1.80 per copy sold. I didn’t write it for profit; I wrote it to fulfill a promise.
Richard, I could not live this well in the U.S. on my retirement income.
Here are some pix of the place that I have decided to grow my permanent roots.

Attachments

• my lawn.JPG
    my lawn.JPG
    140.9 KB · Views: 64
  • miles of unoccupied beach.JPG
    miles of unoccupied beach.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 65
  • Franca catching dinner.jpg
    Franca catching dinner.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 62

richard hall

Elite Cafe Member
Joseph, Americans cant live on their retirement either,always a struggle I guess no matter where one is. Your location looks lovely, been in that climate before and honestly, I missed the four seasons of spring,summer,fall, and winter, and of course I complained about every one of them, but would not like to miss out on any of them..I bought your book about a year ago; I admire your drive, without it, you wouldnt have come so far in life....RICK

Christopher Malouf

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
5mi from the nearest Dunkin Donuts in Tennessee
Hi Joseph, IUniverse.com had two versions ... the "e-book" and a "soft bound" hard(real) copy. I prefer the one you can touch and keep on the book shelf. I have heard great reviews from those who already have it and it may very well be true that we grew up in similar, if not parallel, universes. Many thanks again and "disappointment" never entered mind.

Boy do those pictures look awesome. Pulling a coconut off a tree for breakfast beats an egg McMuffin any day.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors