The Magnum Airtact

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
For the past week,I've been playing around with the new Airtact touch element for the Magnum handpiece.
WOW! This is massive power with precise control in a very small package. I can't believe the sensitivity the touch element gives.....and the Magnum can really plow it's way through steel.
This baby is a workhorse!
I hope you get a chance to try one in Reno at the GRS exhibit.
Brian

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Hi Brian. I've been testing the Magnum for Airtact for a few months, and it is indeed a powerhouse!
~Sam

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hi Brian, like Sam I've also been testing the new Airtact Magnum. It is an amazing piece of kit. The power range is phenomenal! From the lightest shade lines to real carving power. This new Magnum is also incredibly smooth. The only thing that stops me using it all day long is the weight....it's a heavy beast. There again Magum's always were. But some folks, like Lee Griffiths for example, just love that extra weight so it's horses for courses.

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam and Marcus...I had been waiting for the Magnum Airtact ever since I heard there were prototypes "somewhere, out there".
I'm sure being the test bed for new products has to be a grueling task and I'm ever the more appreciative you guys blazed a trail for the rest of us. Many thanks to a job well done.

Years ago,I remember spending all day,every weekend helping famed gun writer and ballistician J.D. Jones test handloads on everything from .38 specials to 577 Nitro Express' to full automatic machine guns.
The romance on beta testing can be fleeting.
Thanks again.

Brian
P.S. Marcus----you're right about the heft of the Magnum...It will give your upper body a good workout!

diane

Hi Brian. You are sooo right about this new Magnum for the Airtact. I was so impressed by it! When I bright cut, I move my hand around alot, so didn't think that it would be possible to have one small pressure point. I kept losing the spot when working with the Airtact 901. However, the design on this Magnum Airtact handpiece is a bit different, and the pressure point is always in the right place. It seems to me to have an even lighter touch than the regular Magnum, plus having all the power - maybe more.

Like Lee, I like the weight of it. It takes all the work out of bright cutting and sculpting.

Those of you who are going to Reno need to give this handpiece a try - it is really something!

Diane

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Diane, haven't tried the Magnum Airtact on bright cut yet, but I'm betting you are right--it'll take the work out of it.

The more I play with it, the more I love it and I just found a piece of silver that needs some attention!
Brian

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Diane....you're right about the flare cuts in steel.
Marty, Thanks for the tip on the shading. I'll give that a try.
(I'm so used to using the Monarch---This is like the first day of school, but a heckuva lot more fun)