the lunker!!

didyoung

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
some progress made on another pend.
i need to thank dave alderson and chris d..
:tiphat:
dave gave me a couple hints on how to cut the carlos border and chris for making a great video. i hope i get close to what chris shows in the dvd.:confused:
thanks guys.
i can already see a big mistake i made. forgot to add a leaf to the outside of one of the scrolls......dang it!!!

Last edited:

Hora

Elite Cafe Member
I like your border!
Maybe one leaf missing but the design is clear; fish in the water!

Please keep on posting your progress.

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That came out very nice Shawn, the fish ( is that what called a lunker? ) is beautiful cut.
I also like the border, forget about the leaf its a great piece!

Bama

Elite Cafe Member
I admire your engraving and your fishing. You do an excelent job on the shading of your designs. Here is a few shots form a recent fishing trip i took while I am down in Patagonia, Chile. We caught these on a trip to Terria Del Fuego Largo Lynch.

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
GREAT job Shawn! The scrolls look very well done to me, but I do notice a cut missing in the border at 9:00 o'clock. Funny how my eye is drawn to that?

The pendant looks fantastic overall.

Thanks for showing it.

didyoung

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
man how did i miss that...will have to call you old eagle eye pete.
i am sure that this can be picked apart, but that would take all the fun out of it.
thanks for looking and offering your kind thoughts on the engraving....its great to hear them.
shawn

TexasTerry

Shawn,
This is a beautiful piece. I think your shading and Bullino get better with each piece. It has been a real privilege watching your work over the last 18 months or so. You are getting better by orders of magnitude. I know you have done some metal overlays in the past. I think that the fish could have been even more three dimensional if you had done that on this piece. Not that there is anything wrong with what you did. Fantastic! Keep up the great work. Terry

didyoung

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
i count myself as being blessed....i have met and talked to lots of tallented people that really helped me with sound advice.
sam..chris..johny..rick... lenny...dave..the list goes on.
thanks to everyone for your help and comments.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Shawn,

That trout really jumps out of the scene! First class work all around. It seems like you have achieved halftone shading of the fish. Is that done with fine dots or a chemical treatment?

Thanks,
Roger

Latest posts

Sponsors