The latest High pressure job

Brian Hochstrat

Elite Cafe Member
Here it is. Just off the bench. This is a Thompson Center Hotshot chambered in .22 caliber. And...... belongs to my 12 yr. old niece. So yep the pressure was on, no room for error. This is her first rifle and being uncle Brian is an engraver of coarse she wanted a little embellishment on it. I kinda think she shopped around a bit before settling on me to do the work, but my price of free fit her budget, so I got the commission.

Oh and we went all out with some rustoleum gold inlay work.

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Brian,

This is super nice, and a splendid design for gold, with your unfailing quality of workmanship!

I still can't get used to American culture, in Scotland a twelve year old niece might get a butterfly hair clip, but here its a .22 rifle. Two different traditions.

She will draw a crowd showing uncle's work, and be mighty proud.

best

Rod

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Brian,Your neice will have a beautiful rifle she'll treasure forever,keep up the good work.J.J.

Hot Knobs

Elite Cafe Member
Uncle Brian I have a couple of knives with big flat spots on them, great thing to do for a special person, she will be proud.

mtgraver

Elite Cafe Member
Brian
Great job as usual, I must say, I never would have thought I would ever say a TC was elegant but you bring me to that realization! Man! that is an elegant TC, there I said it, lol.
Mark

Brian Hochstrat

Elite Cafe Member
Yeah, I'm pretty sure this one won't be on my table at Reno, but my niece usually attends the show. She has been attending almost every year since she was 5 or 6 years old and her brother since he was a toddler. So in their minds, guns are supposed to be engraved.

Thanks all for the kind responses. B.

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Put it on your table. She will remember that for life. Bringing memories to a child is what it's all about.

Bama

Elite Cafe Member
I love it when a young person gets involved in shooting sports, gives me hope all is not lost. Great work Brian, and thanks for being a great uncle.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Oh and we went all out with some rustoleum gold inlay work. [/QUOTE said:
yeah, you don't want to use the cheap store brand on an important job like that! :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Sponsors