The Hand Engraving Podcast, Episode 7. Beginners Start Here…is on the air

wowilson

Elite Cafe Member
I made a podcast episode especially for anyone confused as how to begin their engraving journey. My co-host Kyle and I break down the process to the bare bones. Wondering how to start? Wonder no more, listen today. Just click this link

https://anchor.fm/wade-oliver-wilson

In this episode the Engraver’s Cafe, get a lot of love. Our benevolent dictator Sam, is lauded for his significant achievements in promoting the art of hand engraving. Thanks Sam!

allan621

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I've listened to every episode and I'm a dedicated listener. Every show has been interesting and worth listening to.

Sam Alfano is great at promoting hand engraving in a lot of different forms. But if you've been engraving for a long, long time then you would remember when, unless you knew someone to teach, learning without help was a real grind. But to me what makes the engraver's cafe incredibly valuable is that its a compendium of useful engraving knowledge that is available by using the search function. I've been a member for 15 years and in that time the amount of topics have been amazing and something to learn from. And I do zero scroll or animal engraving. Still there is so much to learn and adapt from the scroll work explained and shown on the cafe.

And your podcast is doing the same. Hopefully it will be archived and available for a long time.

Allan

wowilson

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for listening. I was a little concerned that putting out an episode for beginners might turn off old pros In the audience. Somehow its the best performing show to date.
I don’t think it’s possible to talk about the resources available to new engravers without mentioning the enormous contribution that Sam has made. This website is the launchpad for many engravers and I count myself in those ranks.
There’s more to come from the Hand Engraving Podcast, I hope you’ll stick with me.

Bob Savage

I've listened to a couple episodes, one with jparke and the beginners one. Good stuff and I'll be going back and listening to all of them.

Sponsors