The Egyptian Gods

Andrew Biggs

Thanks Roger :)

One of the interesting things about this type of project is the actual design phase.

If you follow the scrolls around to their natural conclusion you'll find that the faces and eyes fall within the shape of the scroll (give or take a little). Basically this means that you draw all the scroll backbones/leaves first. Then place the heads/eyes within the head of the scroll which gives the overall design a flowing effect as opposed to randomly placing the heads anywhere.......this keeps the design within the golden mean/ratio proportions. It's a subliminal thing but seems to work and it's what I do with most of the Maori designs as well.

Cheers
Andrew

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
i guess unbelievable is a way to describe this gem. just a rich looking piece of art !

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I think this is your best piece yet and by the way, nice photos! Forgot to mention that last time I posted on this, nice crisp photos.

konteil

that is absolutely amazing! i cannot wait to have a few more tools and gain more experience so as to be able to do such masterful work!! Inspiring to a new engraver!

a.khaksari

Elite Cafe Member
Well done!!!
It's a Really great, amazing, Beautiful work! Like always!
How long does it take?! (Drawing, Engraving...)

Latest posts

Sponsors