Techniques to transfer onto round (rings) objects

RhoTu

Noob here looking for tips on how to transfer designs onto round objects. I'm pretty proficient with computer software so I can get everything sized up for the transfer regarding circumference/width. I've only tried a couple of transfers and both have been slightly skewed and have not got full transfers on both ends. I have done both laser/acetone and inkjet/Pictorico/resin-ipa transfers.

Any tips as to setup, holding, burnishing...?

TIA

RT

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
simple curves are a cinch. just press and apply. compound curves are a different animal. a flat transfer will warp or wrinkle. bad ! so for compound curves, one must create several pieces to get a smooth fit. the best deal for compound curves--- pencils don't have the warp problem when you direct draw. direct draw is way faster than trying to accurately align three or more sections on compound curves

Crossbolt

Elite Cafe Member
simple curves are a cinch. just press and apply. compound curves are a different animal. a flat transfer will warp or wrinkle. bad ! so for compound curves, one must create several pieces to get a smooth fit. the best deal for compound curves--- pencils don't have the warp problem when you direct draw. direct draw is way faster than trying to accurately align three or more sections on compound curves
There's no substitute for drawing.

Latest posts

Sponsors