Tapatalk users: Upgrade breaks forum

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Sorry guys...I installed the latest upgrade for Tapatalk users and it breaks the forum so I had to disable it. I'm working on getting it fixed so hang in there. Sorry for the inconvenience.

~Sam

Sam

Staff member
Interesting Sam. The previous version had been installed for at least a year and I just attempted the upgrade this morning. :confused:

If Tapatalk tech support can sort this out I hope I can get it back online soon. When I do, please let me know if you have any problems.

Sam

Staff member
I recently got an email from Tapatalk when I was on vacation telling me that the software was upgraded. Arnaud's comment reminded me to upgrade. It didn't go so well. :confused:

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Seems to be working for me... Complained when I logged in but that was all.

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
I added another comment but it got lost in the ether somehow. The hesitation I was experiencing went away this morning...in fact the site is working on my terribly slow dial-up system better than it ever has. Anyway, my other comment was..."thanks anyway, whether you deserve it or not. (hehehe)

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I was in earlier today. I can't get in now at all. Hard reboot - flushing cache - uninstalled and reinstalled app... No good.

Sam

Staff member
I was in earlier today. I can't get in now at all. Hard reboot - flushing cache - uninstalled and reinstalled app... No good.

Gerry: it is turned OFF. Nothing you can do on your phone will make the forum side of the Tapatalk software work. It's not your phone that's the issue. It's the TAPATALK FORUM SOFTWARE upgrade I did that caused the problem which then forced me to turn it off.

Marcus Hunt

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I don't know if Tapatalk is causing another problem. I don't use it but when I tried to log in on my iPhone yesterday everything was all over the place. Ads were in the middle of the page and there was a header of several boxes with the word "Knife" stretching across the page; really weird!

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam, before you tried to update, everything worked just fine, the only thing the Tapatalk iPhone App told me was that the Tapatalk version on the server needed an update.
I use the latest Tapatalk version and yes there are App updates from time to time for the Tapatalk App.
Don't know exactly why the iPhone app asked to contact the forum admin to upgrade
And yes, now it doesn't work as the Tapatalk is not working

arnaud

arnaud

Sam

Staff member
On June 30 I received an email that Tapatalk upgraded the forum software. I try to keep things updated but forgot about it because I was on vacation. Anyway, I upgraded yesterday and it doesn't work. Hopefully their tech support can help, but so far they don't seem to respond. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Gemsetterchris

Elite Cafe Member
Can you backtrack the update?
No point putting a newer version if it fails but the old one worked?
That`s a common misconception, that newer things must be better!

Sam

Staff member
Ok, I believe I've successfully downgraded to the old version and it appears to be running. The new version has some nice features but it breaks the forum and I'm getting ZERO support from Tapatalk. :mad:

Sponsors