Tane, Lord Of The Forest

sdcoxx

Elite Cafe Member
Hello Andrew,
Wonderful work....
Thanks for the step by step guidance throught the project....
Very Helpful...
Stephen

John B.

Lifetime Pledge Member
::::Pledge Member::::
Hi Andrew,
I just got back from GM weekend to computer troubles and just got on line to see Rebecca's new masterpiece.
Everyone beat me to all the gooder words but you know I share their awe.

Best, John B.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks for the explanation Andrew. :)

Once you mentioned the fact that these patterns (at least that part of this particular pattern) was often done through the material the need for the bits between is obvious, as is the way that they'd become design elements carried through to non-pierced versions.

As I said, your 'Pacific Scroll' designs are full of little Easter Egg goodies. If you ever do a casting will you include the 20-page guide to all the hidden bits? ;)

Dennis Sprague

Elite Cafe Member
Andrew
The bracelet is stunning.It must have taken quite some time to complete.All the edges and walls
look clean, on sterling that is not easy to do, at least for me anyway.Thanks for posting
Have a good day.
Dennis

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
As John B. said all the adjectives have been used to describe that great looking bracelet. I would like to add that your pictures are superb as well.

Pleasure seeing another of your creations,
Peter

Andrew Biggs

Thank you again for all those kind words.

KC Steve.........no worries. The piercing of these sprials or lattice work is incredible. Considering the early pre-European Maori used greenstone (jade) adzes and chisels for their work it is incredible to see the level of sophistication in their wood carvings.

Tim..........the stippling was done with a #0 beading tool in the corners and a #1 for the open areas. I used a hammer because the air tool tends to be too fast and just mulches it. The beading tool is held like a leather punch and the fingers act as the spring so it's just lightly tapped and moved around over the top of the surface. I've personally found this kind of background texture gives a very pleasing satin finish and not black like stippling. Plus it seems to add extra depth to the work.

Cheers
Andrew