stuff

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
How do you shape the bracelet once engraved? I've seen a GRS tool used before but I always wondered if it marred the finish or the engraving?

What gauge silver and do you cut it yourself???

Donny

Peter_M

Elite Cafe Member
Looking very nice Shawn, you got some great ideas. Those hinged bails look very cool.

Caty Blom

Elite Cafe Member
I like them both, but do you forgot to shadow one leaf? on the left side from the middle of the bracelet,ore is this about the way how you take the picture? I like the form from the bracelet, very nice, greetings Caty.

didyoung

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
thanks
yes I did have a leaf that was not shaded.
fixed it.
alderson turned me onto the hinged bails.
it was a rushed project thuges....take your time and you wont have mistakes like me.

Bama

Elite Cafe Member
I would not call the unshaded leaf a mistake, just a slight oversight. It is amazing how you can look at a project so much that you can not see things like the unshaded leaf. I have studied the engraving on many original long rifle patch boxes and have been amazed at some of the omissions from one side plate to the other. Over time though unless you realy study the design you never see the omissions. Strange how that happens.

thughes

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Didyoung,
Pretty dang funny that you said slow down so's not to make mistakes. HA, I was just zooming along feeling good about myself, listening to music and relieving background, and i just relieved a big piece of background that, upon zooming out to see where to go next, turned out to not really be an area of background. Oops. Oh we'll, it's a freebie for a cancer auction, maby they won't notice. Good advise on slowing down, but if I get any slower the next ice age will catch me.

Todd

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
After having done that once (relieved some non-background) I now use a tip I think I got from Barry Lee Hands and use a Sharpie to mark what to cut or what not to cut (make sure you remember which one you're doing).

Latest posts

Sponsors