Study of a Cheetah Running

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Here is a clip in super slow motion of a cheetah running at 61 mph. It shows the animal in almost all its possible positions during the run. You can even see the muscles moving under the coat during different parts of the stride. It isn't engraving, but I thought some of us would find it an interesting study of anatomy for bulino.

Cheetah Running

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Tira,

Thank you for this great site, splendid in every way!

What a huge and complex filming set up, seen in the credits at the end. What comes through so clearly is the rock steady cheetah's head and eyes, while the rest of the body contorts with maximum efficiency to propel, and you can imagine why, this magnificent animal must track its game and be ready for split second bobbing and weaving. Another thing I learned, the cheetah does not gallop, each limb grabs the ground one at a time, the claws extend at the last minute for better purchase if needed .... all at over 60 mph!

I know some youngsters who will love to see this, as well as us engravers.

Rod

Last edited:

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Cool. I've seen footage of cheetahs running at speed before but the clarity and detail in this footage is amazing.

Thanks Tira.

dimovengraving

Elite Cafe Member
Very beautiful, thanks Tira :)

full screen video ---->

Can at any time to make a screenshot of this fantastic animal , and use it for engraving, carving, scrimshaw, bulino , or something else :)

example:

Last edited:

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Rod, I thought the same thing about the cheetah's head. Amazing to see everything else in motion, but the head standing still until right at the end when it goes for the bait on the ground.

Latest posts

Sponsors