spyderco

jetta77

Elite Cafe Member
I recently picked up a spyderco knive for my own use and thought I'd put something simple on it to make it my own..

bones brigade:biggrin:

thanx for looking.

Attachments

• bones brigade.jpg
    bones brigade.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 421

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Great idea and very nice engraving, he's popping right out of the knife, some day he will be doodling around in your pocket.....

Gemsetterchris

Elite Cafe Member
That's just brilliant :)
While on the subject of spyderco, if I were to set some stones, what type of ball burrs are recommended?
I guess regular ones won't like steel.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
great job! (and the photography seems a little less substandard than usual, too...)

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Chris, I don't know about the Spyderco, but if I drill holes for pave stone setting using a regular Busch ball bur, 3-5 holes and then replace the bur.

arnaud

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
cool stuff ! andrew- if that's a self portrait-- looks as though he needs to see an opthothalomolojical eye doc. he looks dazed and overworked.

jb1983

Elite Cafe Member
Nice work dude! Bones Brigade killed it back in the day! They all help make skateboarding what it is today. You should send a pic to Powell ;] nice cutting!!

zmankay

Nice work Jeff. This is one of those things that puts a smile on your face when you see it and you think "now that is really neat".

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Now that brings back some memories! Seeing this gave me flashbacks to 14 years old, skateboards, punk rock, beer and girls. (in that order as I recall) I love seeing stuff that non traditional. This and Tim Wolf's snail pendant are the highlights of my morning.
Oh, and all your usual burs should work for steel. Just lubricate well and let the metal tell you what it wants.
Layne

Last edited:

jetta77

Elite Cafe Member
thank you all for the nice comments. This was a fun project and took me back to a time where my passion for skateboarding gave me a sense of identity. Just like today engraving gives me that same identity and drives me to create.
Marcus is right, these are great knives and I was very pleased with how well they cut.
thanx again everybody for taking the time to look and to comment.

:)

bram ramon

Elite Cafe Member
I'm learned to do all this classical stuff and probably will continue doing that. But more and more i find it intriguing and i take my hat of for the more modern creations! You did an excellent job Man!

Latest posts

Sponsors