Spurs

hmw

Just got these finished up a day or so ago. Contempory Texas style spur with inlayed silver borders done in high relief.
P.S. Our member here and spurmaker Jerry Falkner, has been awarded Engraver of the Year by the Academy of Western Artists. Great job Jerry

Attachments

• 100_0743.jpg
    100_0743.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 193
  • 100_0751.jpg
    100_0751.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 191
  • 100_0749.jpg
    100_0749.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 170
  • 100_0755.jpg
    100_0755.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 168

jetta77

Elite Cafe Member
I'm not a cowboy! Only ridden a horse once and that was in Cabo on the beach w my little niece. But I'm really enjoying the craftsmanship and work done with this stuff. Those spurs are cut gorgeously and are beautiful....

Jeff

bronc

Elite Cafe Member
Well done Herman. Those are first class in every aspect--beautiful, elegant, and functional. Very nice.

Stewart

RT Bit and Spur

Elite Cafe Member
Great job on the spurs. I strive to do a pair as nice as those. What price did you have on those spurs?
Rod

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I have NO involvement with riding but the beauty of those spurs is easy to appreciate. Excellent engraving and well done.

hmw

Thanks again Mike for throwing me a loop, and thanks guys for all the kind words on the spurs. These were a challenge in the fact that the whole spur was an after thought. They were initally going to be just an average pr. of everyday work spurs, and I got to playing with the paper and pencil. Since the whole spur was already welded together, I had to draw the design to where I could get it cut with the shank sticking up in the way. I just had to make sure I could cut one way so far and then cut to meet from the other direction, but as I got acclimated to the shank being there it wasnt as bad as I thought it would be. I had to re work a few tools for the back ground removal in a few places. I will dang sure saddle this mule a little different next time! Thanks again Mike, and thank you guys for taking time to look......Herman

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
man, this stuff belongs on a wrist, or around a neck ! not down on a boot where ya cant see it !!!!!!!!!

loyd freeman

The spurs are really great.I have only engraved one pair and could not wait to try them on my quarter horse. It was the first time that I had ever used any on him and after landing on the ground it was my last time. They now set on a stand. Keep up the great work. Loyd

Wilson Capron

Hello Herman, nice job on the spurs. It has been a while since I've some of your work and I'm impressed with the progress. You have really been working hard. Nice job!

Wilson

Latest posts

Sponsors