Something extraordinarily nice with some basic skills

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Really---just the basic skills and you can create something really, really nice.
This isn't pave,micro-pave or even Bulino.
A few holes drilled in a piece of stainless steel--a few basic engraving cuts and add a silver chain.

I made this for my wife for Christmas, and she really likes it.

BTW---After I drilled the stone seats, I heated the piece up with a Bernz-o-Matic torch until it turned the color I wanted and quenched it in water.
...and yes, you can see I also used "wriggle cuts"---more basic stuff.

Attachments

• Betty's Pendant.jpg
    Betty's Pendant.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 501

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks for the kudos.
BTW---no bale. I just drilled a 1.8mm hole through the edge, snaked the 1.2 mm chain through it and attached some jump rings and a clasp. It floats, stays flat, and will always remain right side out.

Eugene, I don't know why you won't display your work. We are all at different skill levels. My stone setting skills are nowhere near those of Chris, Tira, Amy, Jura or Sidorov.

Last edited:

Eugene Carkoski

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for the encouragement Brian. My work runs from mediocre to downright bad, I was in the process of making a ring with a treble clef and her birth stone in the loop at the bottom then you're beautiful piece came out with the five treble clef and five stones, fortunately it was so small, she would have to look through my scope to see the errors or she was too nice to say grandpa that sucks. Any way I'll keep trying and because I like to.
I would like you to go into a little more detail on the thickness of the stainless you are using etc. thanks

aikisan

Hello Brian, I like the pendant really. I would also like to make something for my mother in law. However, I have no idea at all of stones setting:(. Could you make a short instruction to do so. I think it would also others in the Cafe interested. I think you're very busy but I would like it if you had the time to show us more of it:biggrin:.
It is also possible to begin to practice with swarovski?

Thank you.

Greetings
Jens

BrianPowley

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Jens, there are people here that are experienced stone-setting teachers. You would be better served if you asked them for instruction.

Jens, es gibt Leute hier, die erfahrenen Stein-Einstellung Lehrer sind. Sie würden besser gedient, wenn man sie fragte, für den Unterricht.

I do use the white Swarovsky CZ's sometimes. Are you referring to something else?

Sponsors