Someone asked me to post a pic of my engraving stand

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I call it the Lunar excusion module landing gear style stand

jack

That big light on the scope ring. Where did that come from? Jack

Donny

Elite Cafe Member
Do you have basic dimensions? Height of table ajustable? 1 and a half galvinized steel? table welded to the pole under it or to a flang of some nature?

Buying a new house this winter and get my own work space this time. But I would love to build something like this to conserve room for other items.

Donny

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Well, thanks folks.
The light on the scope ring is from on of those magnifier light on an arm fixtures. I took out the lens, and took of the arm, and a regular ring light holds it in place from the bottom.
The southbend is a 1966 light ten, and I got it from a guy who bought it in 1967 and never assembled it completely, never put the belt on it, so it was basically new in the box! it only has 30 hours or so on it now.
I do have a license for it, hehe, a federal firearms license.
The stand is made from aluminum, and I dont have measurements, just winged it, some is welded, some is not.
The tables have threaded fittings welded underneath, and the table is adjustable with an aluminum nut with a t handle bolt through it to bear on the inner pipe, not pretty, but it works.
I changed the acrobat out, and installed a simpler less wobbly aluminum tube bar to hold the scope since I took this photo.

I much prefer this to a bench type set up, all my tools are in the boxes, and the whole frame of the stand only weighs 15 pounds, and is easily disassembled and reassembled( dont forget the teflon tape).
I can set up anywhere there is a solid floor, I am not dependent on benches or walls.

Last edited:

Christopher Malouf

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
5mi from the nearest Dunkin Donuts in Tennessee
So Barry .... are you really giving us a sneak peak at the next $20,000 gilded mystery project as well? Looks like a Ron Lake knife.

The only thing missing are the box seats and bleacher stands in front of the monitor :)

I can set up anywhere there is a solid floor

... I've always wanted to ask ..... how do you get the vacuum for the sharpening system to work in the hot tub? LOL!!

Last edited:

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Chris the pic is an old one, the Lake is this one:

The Cailornia hot tub studio setup is much simpler, I use the Lindsay templates to sharpen, no need for the vacuum:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors