Some Ti forging, stone setting and lettering on the outside wedding bands [photo]

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
This was quite tricky to make the setting for the black one carat stone in Ti. On top the lady’s band too needed to be engraved on the outside.
So I had to do the structure first, than the lettering “I will follow youâ€￾ leaving a bit of space for the stone and setting. I had to be careful not touching the texture when making the stone setting out of Ti wire and setting the stone.
Now normal I don’t like it when a stone is set high, but the customer insisted, so who am I to disagree on that. :cool:

arnaud

phil

Elite Cafe Member
Lovely job Arnaud. Can titanium be soldered or are those claws laser/arc welded into position?

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Willem, Chris, Sam, Terrezar, Beladran, Ray, Phil and Caty.

Beladran, for this texture I made a hammer. You can make any texture on a hammer, even engraving it nicely. You just need steel that can be hardened after you added the texture.

Phil, no you cannot solder Ti. A laser welder will do.

arnaud

Vladimir

Delicate texture and the very beautifully executed inscription. If to speak about stone height, I think that the customer if only won if trusted in your taste. Excellently!

Latest posts

Sponsors