some shade

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Ohohoh Shawn, that is a nice video, thank you so much for taking your time showing us your shading technique.
It explains a lot and with your comment it becomes so very clear, thanks again.
Willem:tiphat:

KeithBebo

Shawn,
Thanks a lot for the video. Really like your shading techniques! The video sure helps.

Keith

zmankay

Shawn,

Speaking for all of us wanna-be's, thank you for taking the time and also for the consideration in making this video. Personally, I can read all that I want but watching someone else and then trying to replicate what I just saw is where I learn the most.

Could you please list the gravers/tools used in making your flower, i.e. flats, 90's, etc. and any face or heel dimensions used. That would definitely be an added bonus. Perhaps someday Shawn I will be half as proficient as you... the guy who has it "made in the shade."

didyoung

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
thanks everyone for the comments.
i was thinking of making a dvd while i shade this pend.
would anyone be interested in a video like this?
shawn

Last edited:

KeithBebo

Shawn,
I would really be interested in a DVD showing your techniques. You could do a whole video on shading, how too's and doing the proper shading for folds etc. I would buy it in a heart beat! Let me know what and when. kjbebo@hotmail.com I really struggle when it comes to the shading with the correct placement with the shadows and light. Thanks hope you do it.

Keith

Caty Blom

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Shawn,
What a perfect explanation in your movie, I have watched with admiration and certainly learned a lot. Will also take all advice into my own designs, especially the shadows of the leaves above and below each other are very clearly. Thanks, greetings Caty.