some practice

didyoung

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
a practice engraving for some headstall conchos.
i am thinking that i can either do the lettering like the scroll....remove the background from around the letters....or draken the letters......:thinking:
i still have to add an outline of a saddle under the name.

Last edited:

Paulie

Elite Cafe Member
:tiphat:Really nice, Didyoung! I like it, even with that kind of modern styled lettering it should work to remove the background. Greetings, Paulie:beerchug:

Marrinan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I really **** it the way it is. The fade in the lines in the name are very effective. That style would look good on the saddle as well. Fred

Dale Hatfield

Elite Cafe Member
I like the lettering. I Like the scroll work as well . Im just not sure I like them together . I think the design clashes with each other.
The scroll work needs to be less ....... whats the word im looking for? Less is a good word, their needs to be less detail and more scroll. Keep it simple to match the lettering. It needs to be an incomplete scroll that covers more area with less details. It might have short lines in the scroll that dont touch but still flow . Lines that lead the eye in direction but are not complete.
Gramps used to say. All that and a buck and quater will get ya large coffee . good luck