Some of the recent efforts

oniemarc

Elite Cafe Member
Here are some of my recent efforts.

The JJ pendants are (again with the)304 stainless, hahaha.
A little flarecut pendant in...you guessed it...304.
Monogram for my wife's carp rod in aluminium(didn't have large enough steel or brass to make the end cap out of, and she needed it).

Feel free to rip em apart as usual. Tips and tricks or mistakes...everything helps

Marc

Attachments

• 20230807_193948.png
    20230807_193948.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 83
  • 20230807_193844.jpg
    20230807_193844.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 20230807_193756.jpg
    20230807_193756.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 82

mtlctr

Elite Cafe Member
Carp, underutilized fish in US. Dont see any fault except the 4 little teardrops I think they’re unnecessary imho.
the rod cap seen usually on hi end fly rods its a nice personal touch.

oniemarc

Elite Cafe Member
Carp, underutilized fish in US. Dont see any fault except the 4 little teardrops I think they’re unnecessary imho.
the rod cap seen usually on hi end fly rods its a nice personal touch.
There are beautiful spots to fish for carp in US...it is a waste people only see them as pests there. They are true warriors when you catch them on a rod. Here...flyfishing is much less of a thing. Europeans tend to go for the big carp or pike. The carp anglers though are the ones that will trick out anything. Spending thousands on gear. Funny though, cause the fish couldn't care less, hahaha

The teardrops are often seen in tattooing. The pendants were for a belgian machinemaker I have known for years. I guess it is a personal thing, but they could have easily been left out. I don't think it would have hurt the design.
He is getting married, so he wanted something special for them. The date on the back is when they started dating.

azarel444

If you plan on throwing it...through it in a box and send it to me, hahaha. Keep at it...it can be cut
Did you spend time as a tattoo artist? Ive seen you reference tattooing a bit
. Tattooing is one of my other artforms ive done for years. Its definitely helped a lot with getting into engraving.

mtlctr

Elite Cafe Member
There are beautiful spots to fish for carp in US...it is a waste people only see them as pests there. They are true warriors when you catch them on a rod. Here...flyfishing is much less of a thing. Europeans tend to go for the big carp or pike. The carp anglers though are the ones that will trick out anything. Spending thousands on gear. Funny though, cause the fish couldn't care less, hahaha

The teardrops are often seen in tattooing. The pendants were for a belgian machinemaker I have known for years. I guess it is a personal thing, but they could have easily been left out. I don't think it would have hurt the design.
He is getting married, so he wanted something special for them. The date on the back is when they started dating.
I’ve caught lots of carp. Hook & line, bow fishing in the spring. Lots in the 20 lb. Class. Many fish for them here with fly rods. I live near Lake Erie. Have smoked them, delicious.
lots of people tattooed here. Jewelry you get tired of take off give it a rest, tattoos well…….you know.. your work is above average imho.

oniemarc

Elite Cafe Member
Did you spend time as a tattoo artist? Ive seen you reference tattooing a bit
. Tattooing is one of my other artforms ive done for years. Its definitely helped a lot with getting into engraving.
Been tattooing for 16 years now. My wife and I own a smalltown tattooshop here.

oniemarc

Elite Cafe Member
I’ve caught lots of carp. Hook & line, bow fishing in the spring. Lots in the 20 lb. Class. Many fish for them here with fly rods. I live near Lake Erie. Have smoked them, delicious.
lots of people tattooed here. Jewelry you get tired of take off give it a rest, tattoos well…….you know.. your work is above average imho.
We only fish catch and release here. I wouldn't eat the fish from the waters around me...maybe if my life depended on it, hahaha. Biggest I have caugth was little over 49lbs. They can get alot bigger though.

Tattoos are basically jewelry for those who don't change their minds too often. And even if they do, we can always do a cover, hahaha.

azarel444

Been tattooing for 16 years now. My wife and I own a smalltown tattooshop here.
Thats awesome to be getting advice from a fellow tattooer. Im looking to open a shop of my own as well. Will take some time but the plan will remain until the goal it met. And you are so right about tattoos being jewelry for people who dont change their minds lol ive tattooed jewelry on people.

mtlctr

Elite Cafe Member
We only fish catch and release here. I wouldn't eat the fish from the waters around me...maybe if my life depended on it, hahaha. Biggest I have caugth was little over 49lbs. They can get alot bigger though.

Tattoos are basically jewelry for those who don't change their minds too often. And even if they do, we can always do a cover, hahaha.
Jewelry is always worth something. when I was a young man, the only people I saw tattooed were from ww2 or in a carnival. Now it’s common place.

oniemarc

Elite Cafe Member
Jewelry is always worth something. when I was a young man, the only people I saw tattooed were from ww2 or in a carnival. Now it’s common place.
No need to like tattoos...as not everyone likes jewelry either...or pancakes. No harm done. We are all our own kind of different, which is a good thing.

oniemarc

Elite Cafe Member
Not dislike, a bit overdone imho. No disrespect meant, no harm no foul. Happy cutting.
Never took it as disrespect...no worries. I am good with all opnions out there. To be honest, I don't think half of the people with tattoos these days...should have tattoos, hahaha

Latest posts

Sponsors