Some more texture on a Ti ring [photo]

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It seems most of us are quite busy to finish some orders before the end of the year, at least I do.
I just finished this one, some hammering and texture on a Ti engagement ring. Sure a diamond is a must. ;)
arnaud

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
Arnaud,

How are you attaching the tube the diamond is set in? Drill tight hole first, press through and weld from the back? Closed back tube with post soldered on and riveted through the back? Simply put the tube through and use it as it's own rivet by spreading the tube into a countersink?

Some other mystical method involving black candles and incense?

Brian

Willem Parel

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That's a nice one Arnaud, is it all hammered or is it also with a little help of a ball burr?
Another question about the tube for the stone setting , did you make it out of sheet or just a round piece of Ti and drill a hole in it?
Thanks for showing.

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Brian, it is not really tube as there is no hole in it when I weld it at the back (inside of the ring). I have those massif round bars in different diameters. I can turn them down on the late as well. Most of the time I make them a bit tapered so they fit precisely the hole. After that I weld and use a bur to make the hole.

Willem, the texture is done using a ball punch and a regular hammer all of the hammering done on a “peck bowlâ€￾. As I use Ti sheet, that is the easiest way starting with the hammering, then bending and welding. As after welding that part is very hard, I use a ball bur to pick up the texture.

Thanks Sam, there is already some of my Ti jewellery in the US, so Monk, they are already tested in the US. :biggrin:

This pair of earrings one could see in a lady’s ears in the US. :)

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
Thanks Arnaud.

I did not think in that direction... I simply riveted white gold findings in place.

I'm not worried that they will ever come loose, because I made some tooling for a press to install them and set the diamonds.

You would have to remove the surrounding metal to pry them out.

Now you've got me thinking about making titanium findings to work in the press...

Brian

Last edited:

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Brian , sure riveting them should work. That is how I made connections over 20 years ago to attach small pieces of Titanium to gold.
But there is noting wrong wild the PUK3 welder, and that works very accurate for all types of assembling.

You can also make screws, that is what is sometimes do to attach the wire for the earrings that goes true the ears. Even a sheet of 1 mm you can drill a hole just not all the way, and then add screw tread on both the hole and pin.

arnaud

Crazy Horse

Elite Cafe Member
Arnaud, very nice. Simple yet elegant. Very appealing. We in the machinist trade would call it a "Hammertone" finish.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
one thing i really enjoy about your work is the fact that your work is always going in different directions as far as design goes. your execution of the designs is always a treat to the eye.

Latest posts

Sponsors