Some melting and hammering first

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
This is a start on an order to make a “Esclave “(slave) bracelet as we call this over here.
Normally I would have visit a gold / jewellery trader in Antwerp to pick up some of these. Not having to buy them first and being able to tell the price of such a Esclave Bracelet.

But as it is hard to sell golden jewellery, most of what the traders own is melted and sold as recycled gold.

The customer has to go to a party on Saturday, so Friday is my deadline!

So I started to make one making myself, not having the right tools to do it, just a hammer “pek bowlâ€￾ and a hammer. Not knowing if I would be able, only trusting in myself.

And as my collection of AudemarPiguet’s is replaced by another watch brand, I thought I melt some AudemarPiguet’s to turn them into a nice bracelet. :biggrin:

So this is what I did today, tomorrow I will finish it and show you the result

arnaud

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Gary and Willem, I always try to show interesting things. I just finished it so more than just on time before the deadline.
But as it is something I never did before, and normally this would have been done using a draw plate and some more, I’m quit surprised by the result.

After I hammered the outside part, I had to solder another sheet of gold on the inside.
I used the PUK to have that sheet sealed at the right position before soldering it. That way I only needed a small amount of solder.

The wide of the bracelet is 9.4mm and the weight is 25.7 gram of 18 carat gold

You might think you see some scratches; in fact it is the reflection of my workplace you see. I combed my hear for those who might see my portrait.

arnaud

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Arnaud,

The bracelet is so perfectly made that it is hard to believe it is wrought by hand. Your customer will probably think you have some expensive machine that makes them unless you show the pictures.

Roger

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks all, I hope you learned something about this like I did, go for it and make whatever you want, explore and insist.

arnaud

Tira

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Arnaud, thanks for posting this type of in process info. It is very interesting to see and opens the mind to other possibilities. Thanks!

Latest posts

Sponsors