Some demonstration engraving pieces

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I cut these plates at the gun show I worked this weekend. The show went well and I picked up a few clients.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 245
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 248

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks monk. I did all this engraving with just my optivisor, no scope. It's not quite as precise as my usual work. I didn't feel like lugging the scope with me, plus I didn't think I could get it setup the way I'd need to to make it comfortable.

This is where the "feel" of the cut became very important. I tried to stick to designs that I could easily draw/layout by hand and that I had a really good feel developed. The old KISS was my motto for the two days.

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Any luck on getting customers at the show?

Yup! Several nice orders and a bunch of potential work. Will have to see if they pan out. I not naive, being in the jewelry business I don't count on anything till a check is in my hand.

Also made some good connections with local knife makers.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
ah, that's my only opposition for newbies starting with air assist. with the air, for me at least, the 'feel" for what you're doing is pretty much lost. with push work, it's just enjoyable to not only see, but feel what you're doing. those starting with air will likely never experience the pleasure. jmho