Small silver pendant

scott99

Elite Cafe Member
Hi, here is a small pendant with a diameter of 1 3/8 inch about .070 thick. It was cut with a 90 with 45 degree face and a parallel heel. The back ground was removed with a series of flats from small to very small, and then textured with a very sharp single point. :tiphat:

So any comments or suggestions good or bad would be appreciated.I hope you like it,if not let me know.

Thanks
scott99 :tiphat: e10.JPG

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Looks good. One thing I'd suggest I'd suggest is make the design bigger so it fills the space more. Try to make it touch the borders.

scott99

Elite Cafe Member
HI,thanks for the input, filling an area is still a bit tough for me,but I will work on it. The flowers in life size really come quite close to the boarder,but blown up I see what you mean.

scott99

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
One thing I do with flowers, when I'm trying to fill a space is to use circle templates. I paint the surface with Chinese white then use the template to fill the space, sometimes overlapping circles with circles and the border. It makes for like a "macro" shot of a bouquet. Kind of a nice effect and it virtually eliminates background work. I find background work tedious and boring. I try to avoid it at all costs.

Latest posts

Sponsors