sketch now. cut later.

ARTINHAND

reading through ron smith scroll books. some issues are obvious, critiques welcome.

Attachments

• german1.JPG
    german1.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 197
  • english1.jpg
    english1.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 209

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Try taking the two designs you like the best and carefully combine them into one. Good exercise and the results might surprise you

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I like the stretched out one on the bottom of the picture on the right. Those elongated scrolls would look cool cut out.

Andrew Biggs

Hi Artinhand

Welcome to the forum.

I agree with Brian. You've obviousley been working very hard with Rons book and have grasped the concepts very well.

Just keep at it :)

Cheers
Andrew

ARTINHAND

i ran into an issue with the attempt at equidistant boarders and the tiny english scrolls. i just lost sight of how to make it look good. so i just quit on it for now. ill come back to that another time. any tips or suggestions on how to aproach this shape?

ARTINHAND

I like the stretched out one on the bottom of the picture on the right. Those elongated scrolls would look cool cut out.

i intend to cut practice plates of all 4 of these. my personal favorite so far is the top one on the left. i first tried to elongate the layout of the one you picked even more, but felt this had a brtter balance of scroll to background/long leaves to fillin what would have been background.

Latest posts

Sponsors