Sketch board pro

Matthew Evans

Elite Cafe Member
Has anyone bought the sketch board pro for their iPad yet? Just bought mine and excited about receiving it and seeing how much more natural it will feel. Sketchboardpro.com

rweigel

Elite Cafe Member
France (north of Alsace, close to Germany)
Hi, I got my iPad Pro dezember 2019, read about the sketchboard, and thought it a good idea. I had seen before other designs from wood or plywood also. I had no patience to wait for the sketchboard, so I went to the hardware store and bought some hard PVC foam boards, their thickness the same as the iPad. And of course some PVC glue.

My board is made (glued together) from three layers of this foam board. Different cutouts in the two top plates hold the iPad, make room for the camera lens and cable and allow access to switches and pen. Slanted cutouts in the top board guide the sound to the microphones and from the speakers.

I love it for Procreate and similiar brush-based applications, where it helps me to move my right hand smoothly and evenly over the whole iPad. A cotton glove with cut-off fingers (except for the pinky and it’s neighbor) adds further comfort.

Vector graphic I could do also without board, as the smoothness of the shapes does not depend on the smoothness of my moves. As I‘m not a great freehand artist, I rely for backbones now entirely on Vectornator.

Attachments

• 6F974BCF-19F0-40E0-BA18-04BCE96421A8.jpeg
    6F974BCF-19F0-40E0-BA18-04BCE96421A8.jpeg
    77.6 KB · Views: 38
  • B9401D32-9162-4D14-9ABF-C5E25FC930B3.jpeg
    B9401D32-9162-4D14-9ABF-C5E25FC930B3.jpeg
    77.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 071DB21D-1763-45C8-8984-19C184ECD4E7.jpeg
    071DB21D-1763-45C8-8984-19C184ECD4E7.jpeg
    88 KB · Views: 39

Matthew Evans

Elite Cafe Member
Hi, I got my iPad Pro dezember 2019, read about the sketchboard, and thought it a good idea. I had seen before other designs from wood or plywood also. I had no patience to wait for the sketchboard, so I went to the hardware store and bought some hard PVC foam boards, their thickness the same as the iPad. And of course some PVC glue.

My board is made (glued together) from three layers of this foam board. Different cutouts in the two top plates hold the iPad, make room for the camera lens and cable and allow access to switches and pen. Slanted cutouts in the top board guide the sound to the microphones and from the speakers.

I love it for Procreate and similiar brush-based applications, where it helps me to move my right hand smoothly and evenly over the whole iPad. A cotton glove with cut-off fingers (except for the pinky and it’s neighbor) adds further comfort.

Vector graphic I could do also without board, as the smoothness of the shapes does not depend on the smoothness of my moves. As I‘m not a great freehand artist, I rely for backbones now entirely on Vectornator.
Nice! I’m hooked on procreate and like the free flow movement so I will wait for the board, I’ll be sure to update to see if the wait is worth it .

Latest posts

Sponsors