simple bracelet tool...

Dale Hatfield

Elite Cafe Member
I saw another. That was 2 pieces of pipe one larger than the other on top of each other,on the horizontal . With 2 pieces of all thread vertical at each end
with wing nuts holding them down. Set the gap and bend.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
the grs metal former takes that into another dimension-- it creates a :double curve. 1 the long way--1 the short way. the double curve makes for a much stronger bracelet. most would say-- better looking too.

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
There are many improv devices that will work, yet I must agree with Tim, the GRS device handles the curve in both directions with ease, and I have found it to be very good value. I have no interest at stake in promoting this device, yet as far as I am aware, I know of no other one on the market at present that does the job so well. Perhaps there are? From a purely engineering aspect, the compound curve produced is, for me, not only more attractive, but importantly adds extra stiffness, which means that you can get away with a thinner gage of silver in bracelet making... a consideration in these days of high silver/gold prices?

Rod

DakotaDocMartin

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I have the GRS bender and I think it's the way to go. There are some specialized pliers that do similar metal forming also: Jewelry Tools by Miland

oiseau metal arts

Elite Cafe Member
id not seen the tool before... was intrigued by its simplicity and its price. i have my own methods for forming a bracelet. if i sold more than 1-2 copper ones per year then id for sure like to drop the $200+ on the GRS tool.