Sig P6 with a Norse Theme

RoycroftRon

Elite Cafe Member
I decided to doll up my carry piece. This side is the Midguard Serpent. I will be adding the Fenris Wolf to the other and the Hammer of Thor to the top. It's my first attempt at cutting celtic knotwork. The other side is laid out but not cut yet.

I cut it using cmax. It cut easily so we can add Sig P6 slides on the nice to cut list. :chip:

Attachments

• IMGP4606a.jpg
    IMGP4606a.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 234
  • IMGP4611a.jpg
    IMGP4611a.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 210

RoycroftRon

Elite Cafe Member
That looks really good, Ron! The serpent is a nice touch. Are you going to shade the ribbons where they pass under?
It may be my poor photography, but I did shade each and every pass under. It's obvious with the pistol in hand. Looking at the photos I dont really see it either. I'll try to get some better photography when I get the other side done.

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
That tight pattern sure is alot of cutting. Nicely done. Did you design the knots in a vector program?

RoycroftRon

Elite Cafe Member
When I laid it out I used Tom Stirling's method of knotwork layout. It's pretty simple once you learn the rules. I'ts still really tough to keep the ribbons rigid and consistant when it is that small. I actually like the variation as it looks more hand made. That being said I also think that it should be as close as possible so it does not look sloppy. What a conundrum.

Sponsors