Sheep and Water Buffalo Portraiits

Mike Dubber

Elite Cafe Member
I always knew that wild sheep were very difficult to engrave, but I've had some success making them look correct in the past. The features - eyes, horns, ears - are strangely placed on the face and they just look weird. Furthermore, I had never been asked to engrave a Water Buffalo; never really knew what distinguished a wild water buff from other Asian buff breeds. So, guess what the client wanted for his son's rifles!

These are for a pair of John Bolliger rifles, one in .375 H&H and the other in 300 RUM. I hope every one can guess what caliber goes with which rifle, but in any case, they are being made up for the client's sons. Technically more difficult than the two strange beasts, was his request for me to inlay these very detailed and difficult family crests on the grip caps.

It is a family thing after all; father sons and these two guns will go afield next year to their respective parts of the world to collect the trophies.

All the various parts and pieces of these fine pieces of gunmaking are engraved to match and inlaid at the same level. I'm happy to say they left here today in a Fed Ex truck - headed back to John Bolliger for final finish and assembly.

mvangle

Elite Cafe Member
:clapping:Superbly done as always Mike.
I am sure the sons will be as proud of them as the father is of his sons.

Latest posts

Sponsors