Question: selective french grey, question

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'm about to do some selected French grey on a firearm here's my question will any nail polish work, or does it have to have a particular ingredient, as I would suppose there are many types as my wife has a thousand of them.

Thanks

Saludos,

Carlos

Thierry Duguet

Elite Cafe Member
So many way to do selective french gray, here is the way I do it. I blue the piece then with a small brush I remove and some blue remover I brush the parts I want to gray. I think it might be more precise than using nail polish, regardless of how much you want to play with your wife cosmetic. BTW a "mouche" is the most sensible way to start.

dlilazteca

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
hahahah, thanks guys, finish has already been removed have to go to nail polish route

Saludos,

Carlos

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
i have a funny story about that and suppose the statute of limitations has passed... in about 1988 or so i was dating two gals, neither relationship was very serious, and one of them came over to my house while i was working and sat there doing her nails as we chatted. she ends up leaving her pink polish sitting on the corner of my workbench.

a couple days later girl #2 spies the suspicious polish in my shop and asks about it. without missing a beat i tell her i sometimes use pink when i'm masking for French grey because it shows up better than clear...

true story.

Sponsors