SCI Show in Las Vegas

Glenn

Elite Cafe Member
I was wondering who may have gone to the SCI Show this past week. There was so much eye candy that it was like being in Wonder Land.
I got to handle and study a rifle fully engraved by Phil Coggen. What a treat that was. I also saw a shotgun fully engraved by Mario Terzi. It showed his pheasants in his enamel method. Of course, they would not let me handle it because it was in a glassed in case.
Seeing this great work of engraving art done by the great masters is just unbelievable. I wish all of you could have been there.

FANCYGUN

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Glad you made it home safely Glenn. It was good chatting with you as always. You got to see more of the eye candy than I was able to since I was working. But what I saw was great and i love running around when I can taking pictures of theanimal mounts so I can use them as reference material for engravings. It was also a pleasure having a drink with Lovenberg, Griffney and being visited by Giaccommo fausti and his son. Giaccomo and son were headed to the Grand Canyon after the show.

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Wish I could have been there with you folks. There is nothing like seeing the real thing first hand. As good as images in books and the Internet can be, they are no substitute for seeing the real thing. For those who only engrave jewelry or other non-gun items, I would strongly recommend going to a high quality gun show, SCI, DSC, or of course FEGA Reno or the Engrave-In to see and examine gun engraving first hand.

RB