Samsung laser printer

mhgjewel

Elite Cafe Member
this weekend i bought a samsung laser printer at office depot for $49.00 it came with the ink also. i tried it and it transfers perfect. i did not see it listed on their web site but the guy in the store said it is on Permanent clearance.

i am using 50% dammer and 50% zippo fluid, with reynolds baking PARCHMENT paper.

it is working very well.

Matthew

soj

Matthew, do you just print normally on the parchment paper, or do you have to do something about the burner on the laser? Some folks have said they prefer to turn the machine off before it goes through the burner. Thanks for the info.

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Matthew, do you just print normally on the parchment paper, or do you have to do something about the burner on the laser? Some folks have said they prefer to turn the machine off before it goes through the burner. Thanks for the info.

On my HP LaserJet 1100 (which is getting a bit old) I don't do anything special.

Ok, technically that's not true: The roll of Reynold's paper is 15" wide so I fold it in half to make two 7.5" wide sheets and I do often set the printer for the custom paper size. I also flip the paper feed option to go out the front instead of up into the tray because there's less chance of the leading edge catching when I do that.

But that's it. I have learned that if I print too much on a sheet it will smudge because the parchment is so non-stick that not all of the toner fuses to it and the left overs on the roller will smudge a later print. Sometimes I print a dummy page after printing to parchment just to pick this up.

I've mentioned that my printer is rather old. It may not be getting to as high a temperature as it should in the fuser because I can not print on a double thickness (like say, taping a small piece of parchment to a sheet of regular paper).

The beauty of the baking parchment is that ink / toner will just barely stick to it long enough to get it to the metal for the transfer.

mhgjewel

Elite Cafe Member
if you use the reynolds baking parchment paper the ink drys but does not stick to the paper. regular parchment paper did not work for me.

i just run the paper through completely. this is a method that i read on the forum.

Matthew

Latest posts

Sponsors