Sam's New Video

Sandy

Elite Cafe Member
Wow, :clapping: came back to post that I was notified that the new video on knife engraving had shipped. Thanks Sam that sure was fast.:thumbsup:
Sandy
P.S. as always Sam :tiphat:

zzcutter

Elite Cafe Member
Sam, would that be the begining to end video of you engraving a knife. If so where and how can I get one
thanks, Jon

Raul Hinz

just order my copy . Same you are awesome. looking foreword to the never ending learning process thank you Raul Hinz the Cuban

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Zzcutter: You can order from Engraving-Videos.com, and yes, it's start-to-finish on a stainless steel knife bolster.

Raul my friend, good to see you!

highveldt

Elite Cafe Member
Sam;

I downloaded my copy of your new video this morning and the process was smooth and trouble free. I am watching it now and stopped just long enough to write this.

Steve Howell

bthomas

appreciate how fast this shipped

ordered on the 2nd the CD arrived the 5th (today) . Now thats Fast shipping and its another great production. thanks for making these available

Bill

ken dixon

Elite Cafe Member
Sam,

I wondered about the wrap on your graver that tells the grind, is it electric shrink wrap?

Also about what depth do you relieve the background to in thousands of an inch? Mine never seems deep enough when I'm done.

Thanks Ken

Sam

Staff member
Ken: The wrap on my graver is a heatshrink ID wrap I'm testing.

As for the depth of my background, I would estimate 1/2mm deep. On larger areas where I have more room it might even go a tad deeper. You're not alone when it comes to your background not being deep enough. I'd say 95% of my students experience the same thing. For one thing, until you get used to it, depth can be difficult to estimate under a microscope, and also the deeper you go the more you risk chewing up the edges of your design. The direction of cuts in background removal can be critical, especially as you go deeper. Try to cut in a direction so that the back side of your graver won't damage the work as it goes deeper. The hallmark of fine relief engraving is a deep, flat background with crisp, clean sidewalls. You can do it! :)

Brian Marshall

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Stockton, California & Taxco, Guerrero, Mexico
I received mine Saturday... watched it through all the way once, then took a laptop with me out to my bench to finish a job.

Ran it a few times more, glancing at it - mostly just listening while I finished up my job.

First off I want to say that I have seen EVERY engraving related video that is out there.

In my opinion a better instructional video on this particular type of work does not exist. ("gun" style on a knife bolster)

Anyone considering offering a comprehensive hand engraving video in this or any other specialty is going to have to try to match or beat the quality of this one...

Brian

Sam

Staff member
Brian: Thank you for your order, and a thousand thanks for your positive comments. That means a lot and I appreciate it very much!
~Sam