Ruger Firearms

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Just got news in the media that Ruger is moving their manufacturing facility to my neck of the woods! They will take over an old Unifi building in Madison, North Carolina, only 12 miles from my house. This is great news for our area as they are to hire approximately 150 people. In talking with someone intimate with the project (been negotiating for months, but could not comment until now) their materials come in one side of the building and leave the other side as completed items. In other words, there is no storage, the demand is so great they will not warehouse anything. They should be up and running soon. Will keep the forum posted.

Remington has their corporate office in Madison also. We've heard rumors of them relocating their manufacturing facility to this area, but as of now, it is only a rumor.

Bill

Last edited:

DakotaDocMartin

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
http://www.ruger.com/news/2013-07-08a.html

Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. Announces Pending Purchase of Third Manufacturing Facility In Mayodan, North Carolina
July 08, 2013
Sturm, Ruger & Co., Inc. (NYSE: RGR) announced today that it plans to open its third manufacturing plant, a 220,000 square foot facility in Mayodan, North Carolina. This will be the Company's first major expansion in over 25 years and it is expected to be finalized in August.

The Company currently employs over 2,000 people in its two plants in Newport, New Hampshire and Prescott, Arizona.

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
the greatest fun gun i ever owned- a ruger hawkeye, scoped, 256 mag, single shot. accurate as all getout when reloaded just a squeek higher than factory rounds. i bought mine new in 1963- for the inflated sum of 89 us dollars ! today one could barely buy a decent pellet gun for 89 us !

Big-Un

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I stated Madison, but Mayodan is literally next door. The community is known as M&M for Madison/Mayodan. Their city lines are connected, with Madison slightly larger, so they normally get mentioned when in conversation. Of course, the Mayodan locals don't appreciate that, but that is the nature of local sentiment. Anyway, everyone is very excited about Ruger's move.

Bill

Sponsors