Critique Request Rough scroll model- critique request

Gargoyle

Official Cafe Stone Carver
I'm carving two 7-1/2' x 2' panels, to be installed exterior (harsh weather conditions, so I can't go too delicate). There will be a carved frame with scrolls on the corners.

This is a rough full size model- I have to fill this specific space/area, and since it is in very high relief (2") I can't get too complex or intricate. Any redesign/refinement suggestions welcome. Is the upper left spiral too large and bulky? The leaf at the top center that connects to it also seems too large and unrelated to the other two leaves, but I need it to connect for strength and bracing.

Attachments

• Rough-scroll-model.jpg
    Rough-scroll-model.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 180

Tim Wells

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I like the subtle addition Sam suggested and I wonder, if that leaf on the right that looks cracked were a bit larger, would it provide more of a balance against that left scroll mass? It wouldn't need much if any. Limestone I presume?

Gargoyle

Official Cafe Stone Carver
I like the subtle addition Sam suggested and I wonder, if that leaf on the right that looks cracked were a bit larger, would it provide more of a balance against that left scroll mass? It wouldn't need much if any. Limestone I presume?
Yes, its limestone, and if that one is larger it will help strengthen everything.

DakotaDocMartin

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
I was thinking a little bit more curl might look better. :)