Ron Lake " watch pocket " tail lock engraved by Barry Lee Hands

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks Van.
And Layne, the closest thing I can think to it is drypoint mezzotint.
Thanks Brian, my old bench buddy :)

Southern Custom

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks much Barry. Having lived and engraved in a vacuum my whole career, there are many techniques that I would never have thought to try or even knew existed. This is one and I'll file it away for future study.
Barry,
Your work has been especially intriguing to me as a jeweler. Most of the things you are doing with knives and inlay, I've played with at one time or another in the last 27 years. But the way you pull all these techniques together at such a high level of craftsmanship to create a bespoke knife is beyond impressive.
When I was a kid, I stared at Faberge works in the New Orleans Museum and couldn't comprehend their construction. I was hooked from that moment. After many years I came to understand how they were built. The last few knives you worked on have become a new "Faberge Moment" for me.
I look forward to the next piece and also look forward to seeing you in Vegas.
Layne Z

Barry Lee Hands

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks much Barry. Having lived and engraved in a vacuum my whole career, there are many techniques that I would never have thought to try or even knew existed. This is one and I'll file it away for future study.
Barry,
Your work has been especially intriguing to me as a jeweler. Most of the things you are doing with knives and inlay, I've played with at one time or another in the last 27 years. But the way you pull all these techniques together at such a high level of craftsmanship to create a bespoke knife is beyond impressive.
When I was a kid, I stared at Faberge works in the New Orleans Museum and couldn't comprehend their construction. I was hooked from that moment. After many years I came to understand how they were built. The last few knives you worked on have become a new "Faberge Moment" for me.
I look forward to the next piece and also look forward to seeing you in Vegas.
Layne Z

Thanks Layne, Vegas will be great. . . .

Latest posts

Sponsors