Rod Cameron's Reno 2011 Slideshow now online

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I just posted 321 photos here:

http://picasaweb.google.com/rodcameron2/

I note Hora has posted his slide show, and it will be good!

I confess to covering heavily Lee's masterpiece, as it is an unusual one, and also Mike Dubber's fine work. I ran out of time and apologize for the photos not being fairly distributed, but did my best.

It will be fun to view the photos of others, and I hope to write a word or two in the next few days.

Rod

Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Great photos, Rod! I really enjoyed seeing so many of the things I missed because I was glued to my workbench :)

Thanks for posting the slideshow for us!

Hora

Elite Cafe Member
Rod,

The photo's are realy great. You have "stolen" all engravings and brought them home for us. Tanks for all the details.

I realy enjoyed your friendship and music again. Hope to see you soon.

How is the eye?

Kevin P.

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Hey Rod,
Compliments to you and your camera. The close-ups are so crisp!
Your photos also allow me to stare as long as necessary to be able to take it in. I actually see more than if I were viewing live.

I was mesmerized by Mike D's lettering and the detail WOW!
The variety of style and the level of excellence is impressive.

Thanks for taking us along on your Reno trip.
Kevin P.

rod

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Kevin!

Thank you, yes, Mike D is certainly an engraver of vast experience, and like many a seasoned pro, he has offered a helping hand in getting others to the next rung of the ladder, myself included, as I got fascinated by his Mid-Western bright cut seen on the bracelet illustrated in my slide show. In fact the Reno show was filled with fine, advanced engraving artists, who have been so kind in their nudges to those, like me, who are trying to improve. Teaching is at its best when a master will give a nudge towards the most fruitful area for a student to explore, rather than always giving a direct answer. A well-directed curved ball will allow for self discovery, and let's face it, self expression is a worthy goal, I am sure you agree, Kevin. The forums are full of good examples of this. I got a nice nudge from Barry H last weekend that gave me food for thought and practice. From the day that Sam A generously brought me in, from wandering in the wilderness to the community of engravers and the forums, friendly nudges have been the order of the day, and with our planet being connected globally via the internet, the next useful tip might come from New Zealand, Belgium, Austria, Montana, Spain, Italy, or some one in the next town up the road.

Kevin, do we not have a whiskey dram to take together at some future show?

best

Rod

Last edited:

Latest posts

Sponsors