RESULTS: Cutting & Shading exercise #1

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Here are the results of Cutting & Shading #1, which is the start of an ongoing series. I have another one in the works by another engraver which will be presented soon. There is no time limit, so if you want to add your work just upload your photo to the other thread and I will grab it and include it in this post. If I miss it then email me a reminder as sometimes I get really busy. The photos are listed alphabetically by file name, not date of posting. In the future, it would be helpful if you will put your name or user name on your photo. :)

This is a great opportunity to see how different engravers handle the same shapes. It's like being in an engraving class and seeing how each of our classmates cut the pattern.

As I said, we will do this on a regular basis (monthly, bi-monthly?) as long as there's interest and participation. So, if you want to see more of these exercises, participate! :)

scroll_practice.jpg malouf.jpg mario_1.jpg mario_sketch.jpg mario2.jpg mario3.jpg mitch.jpg MJF.jpg mrthe.jpg mrthe1.jpg mtgraver.jpg sam.jpg Jörmungandr.jpg Jim_B.jpg aikisan.jpg andrew1.jpg celticjohn.jpg darren.jpg didyoung_1.jpg didyoung.jpg dimas.jpg dmias_2.jpg doug.jpg gemsetterchris.jpg GTJC460.jpg santos.jpg

Mike Cirelli

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Nice results. Sam you where born to teach, not to mention all the other stuff you do. All those years in the bayou's turned you into a true renaissance man:)

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
what's really great here is the diversity shown by the different engravers.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Added two more today! Fantastic response to this exercise! See the first post in this thread.

Latest posts

Sponsors