Report on Sheridan Silver Show

ken dixon

Elite Cafe Member
Yesterday AM I departed for Sheridan, after driving through mud for 25 miles, a snowstorm for 100 miles (really) and another 100 miles of constant rain I arrived 5 hrs later.

After dragging my bored family around the leather show for a couple hours it was off to Don Butlers Custom Cowboy Shop to see the silver.

I am happy to report that there was a large amount of really high quality silver work and engraving on display. The work was very artfully displayed, really first class. They also had a nice wine and cheese reception from 3 to 5.

I think the Watt family and the Butler family needs a big thank you for the fine job done and all the hard work putting the show on.:tiphat::tiphat:

Anyone within driving distance I would encourage to go see the work. It is open through Sat. I think.

Ken

Jane

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks for the update Ken! I have stuff there but am to far away to attend. Maybe one day! Enjoy the shows....:thumbsup:

eastslope

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It was a great show and I am happy that I was able to meet some amazing smith's/engravers. I am truly humbled by the amount of incredible talent present at the show. Not sure how well things sold because I left early, but I did a drive by on Sat evening and the place looked full of people. Thanks Don and Kitty Butler, and thanks Jeremiah and Colleen Watt for putting this on. Seth

silverchip

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I will be having Ty And Annie for guests tomorrow and the rest of the week. Can't wait to see the raised and engraved sugar bowl that she made for the show!!

TyG

Elite Cafe Member
The Aussies are now split up and wandering through your countryside. The Weidens are heading to Texas and I am in Coalinga ready to fly home on Thursday.

Thank you to all of the very talented and hospitable people I met. It was a great honour to be able to show some of my work alongside of those I have admired for so long.

Dave Alderson was a great teacher and mentor for the week I was able to spend with him and his wonderful partner Debbie.

Jeremiah and Colleen Watt opened their home to me and I can not thank both the Alderson's and Watt's enough.

I look forward to being able to return with my family and explore more of your country and talents in the future. Ty