Question: Removal of warning stamp?

metalchipper

Elite Cafe Member
A file removes it.
You will lose a perfect roundness to the barrel but it can
be covered up with some nice engraving.

The manufacture's name and serial # has to stay to keep everyone happy.

The warning label was because Ruger got sued. So if somebody
shoots him self or her self because he or she did not know a gun shoots. You are next to get sued if you remove it.

I think we need more gun laws, {#@$%^&*#^%&^} Ops I
can't say that.

PM me for the punch line to the joke.:banana:

Last edited:

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
the joke at the time Ruger started doing that was 'when the hunting is slow you can read your gun...' ;-)

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Ruben, Your not going to get in any trouble removing the three line warning on the Ruger's.I've done many for the Cowboy Action guys & gals.If it done right you won't lose any roundness to the barrel,just don't mess with the serial number. J.J.Roberts

Ruben Trevino

Thanks for the info. The Ruger is one I picked up at the local pawn for 180.00 shoots good so i'm keeping her. I enjoyed the jokes,I already put the file to the Ruger only I forgot to read it first, something about dont shoot own foot? :just kidding:

mtgraver

Elite Cafe Member
Way to go Chris, I think you finally lost it, but then, I certainly enjoy your sense of humor. It would only be funny if you posted it for all to see ............hhhmmmm, think about it!
Mark

handengraver

Elite Cafe Member
Ruben, go for it! I am still puzzled, why on earth some manufacturers try to put all those stupid inscriptions on the most useful surfaces (slides) of a handgun? That info belongs to the manual or the box. We don't follow those bureaucratic mostly European rules, we are a nation of free men! Take your file, and get rid of that mess, all will be happier with your ornaments.

Greetings - Ivan

bjiantonio

I use a 1/8 dowel in a graver max hand piece. Grind the end flat and polish the sharp edges.
You can push the raised edges of the stamped lettering back into the barrel. This process makes it easier to file, and does not distort the barrel as much as filing without peening.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
handengraver,The reason for the inscription on the guns is the lawyers,Ruger has been sued many times.Ruger had to call back many of there pistols because faulty parts.J.J.

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
hey Ruben-

feel free to rip those tags off your mattresses, too! ;-)

Latest posts

Sponsors