Announcement: R. L. "Larry" Wilson

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
His knowlege and publications will surely be missed, together with Bob Lee.

Many years ago Bob sent me proofs of a book he was working on for years with Larry, the proofs are about 50 full colour pictures 18" x 11" of "Specially engraved guns" in his collection, this was going to be a book of books with regards to guns and engraving.

Sadly, this book will as far as I know, never be published.

Phil

Fred Bowen

Elite Cafe Member
Phil, I think Larry brought those proofs to one of the Grand Masters interim weekends. If it's the same, I hope someone publishes it. It was quite spectacular.

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Phil,If your thinking of the two vol.set The Art of the Gun Magnificent Colts by Robert M. Lee & R.L.Wilson they were published,I bought the set in 2013 from Larry at the Baltimore Gun Collector show. J.J.

SamW

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Castle Valley, UT in the Red Rock country
As keen as Bob was to publish these books, I would be surprised if this next one does not show up sometime along the way. Only time will tell. But you could be right Phil.

JJ, he is talking about the next in the series.

wdale.bass

He was set up at the Benefield show in conjunction with FEGA I had a nice long conversation with him & had some nice comments about s 45-Slide I had with me. A nice man that has a large place in my gun book library including a First EEdition Nimschke

Phil Coggan

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Phil,If your thinking of the two vol.set The Art of the Gun Magnificent Colts by Robert M. Lee & R.L.Wilson they were published,I bought the set in 2013 from Larry at the Baltimore Gun Collector show. J.J.
No, the proofs are of recent guns, ie. Within the last thirty years and as yet not published.

Phil

Steve L S

Latest posts

Sponsors