Question on Easy Computer Lettering for Adobe Illustrator

billrice@charter.net

Elite Cafe Member
Hi Sam
I have loaded the video and love the information Since I am upgrading my MAC to the latest operating system my Corel Draw will not work any more So I am biting the big bullet and buying Adobe Illustrator CS6 I have a question about the video. How do I get to the 24 extra fonts the program comes with. if it auto loads them can I get a list of what they are. also which font style are you using for the B on the signet ring. Thanks again for this program It has helped me just as much as your first computer lettering for Corel Draw.
PS I am anxious to get the new video you are about to release any idea of when?

Beathard

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
The fonts are in a folder on the CD. They are zipped TTF files. They worked fine my windows PC. Not sure what to do on a Mac.

mrthe

I haven't this Dvd buy yet but seeing the image i think that is the LHF Signmaker Font, and i'm not shure but is highly improbable that this one come in a folder with the DVD ;)

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Bill: I'm sure you're referring to the downloaded video and not a physical DVD, which I only made a few of when those videos first came out. When downloading they are installed automatically onto your computer, and I believe it makes a Fonts folder in My Documents if I'm not mistaken. If not, then do a Spotlight search for Fonts and you'll surely find them. I should add that the included fonts are all shareware fonts which have been available for many years.

Mrthe is referring to LetterheadFonts, which is a fantastic resource!

My latest video is finished and I will be making an official announcement soon. Thanks for your interest!

mrthe

Wow Sam , have you finished your video? Great news , i can't wait to see it! hehe

P.S.

The artist that have create this fonf is a great glass artist if someone don't know it , Dave Smith i higly reccomend search his work in google, is not engraving but extremely beautiful and inspiring for all that love vintage and old style decorative design art

[video]http://vimeo.com/m/14985356[/video]

Last edited:

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Paolo: Yes, Dave Smith is an amazing sign painter and glass artist. We should all be thankful he's not an engraver or we'd all be out of business!

mrthe

Hahaha Sam you are right ;) but is great see that exist people like this, i love this types of works and is a pain that we are lost this type of works,years ago i was Studying in the Barcelona's Sculputure and Decoration Glass School and i really like this type of Art ,but the following year I had to leave it because the city council cut school funds,is something that gradually it loses unluckily :(

Haraga.com

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Mrthe I can't believe city council cut the funds. Did they expect everyone to pay their own way?