Question about McKenzie videos

Pencilneck

Hello. Just rec’d the Lynton McKenzie 3 disc set and cannot play them in any dvd player I have. Can someone please tell me the format or the player I need ?

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
They should play in any dvd player. Email me from my site and we’ll get it sorted out for you. I’ve never had any fail.

Pencilneck

Sam, I’m sorry but, when you say “my site” ….if you mean engraving-videos, I’ve sent a message there as well. Thank you for your response.

ByrnBucks

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Good evening Gentlemen,
Sam I would like you to know that through your videos I sincerely consider you my teacher and very much value the available resources you have made available for all who seek it, so thank you.

Now then the Lynton McKenise DVD‘s were one of the last videos i was missing and they do require a tad bit of technical tom foolery to get playing.

So for example disk one, there are 6 or so files on the disk each containing roughly 15 mins of footage. If you can locate them on a computer you can watch them individually and see the whole video.

Its the same as if your popped a dvd in the player and it started playing then you hit the “skip button” and it jumps about fifteen mins ahead. That time skip is the size of each of the files on the disk when looking at them on a computer.

Almost like the title menu that controls and puts all the clips together just isn’t there and prevents DVD players from being able to understand what has been inserted.

The only “playing device” that was the least trouble was a playstation 3. It operates much like a computer and it will show the 6ish files that can be played you just have to click them in order.

Hope this helps and have a wonderful week.

Pencilneck

Thank you for the advice, but I had a different experience. I pulled out every player I had…4 dvd players and my computer. Only one player would read them at all. I could see the files on my computer, but had to download the VLC player to watch. Sam was kind enough to set me up with the download version so I can watch from anywhere. Now I’m off to study !!!!

T.G.III

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Good evening Gentlemen,
Sam I would like you to know that through your videos I sincerely consider you my teacher and very much value the available resources you have made available for all who seek it, so thank you.

Now then the Lynton McKenise DVD‘s were one of the last videos i was missing and they do require a tad bit of technical tom foolery to get playing.

So for example disk one, there are 6 or so files on the disk each containing roughly 15 mins of footage. If you can locate them on a computer you can watch them individually and see the whole video.

Its the same as if your popped a dvd in the player and it started playing then you hit the “skip button” and it jumps about fifteen mins ahead. That time skip is the size of each of the files on the disk when looking at them on a computer.

Almost like the title menu that controls and puts all the clips together just isn’t there and prevents DVD players from being able to understand what has been inserted.

The only “playing device” that was the least trouble was a playstation 3. It operates much like a computer and it will show the 6ish files that can be played you just have to click them in order.

Hope this helps and have a wonderful week.
Interesting take on the Lynton McKenzie DVD's, I'll try them in my desk top computer tomorrow to see if the "missing episodes" become available, I just chalked it up to them being copied from vintage VHS tapes.

Thanks

Pencilneck

Interesting take on the Lynton McKenzie DVD's, I'll try them in my desk top computer tomorrow to see if the "missing episodes" become available, I just chalked it up to them being copied from vintage VHS tapes.

Thanks
The VLC player is free to download. Once I did that I had no problem watching from the computer screen. The files are in a format that the new player will recognize.

Sponsors