Puzzle piece

Jared Eason

Elite Cafe Member
This is my puzzle piece for a large project put on by another engraver. Fine silver. I haven't done much cutting in weeks and finally got a chance to work on this. It's about the same size as a nickel. Can't tell from the pic but it is cut in different depths and sculpted. My attempts at dot bulino on frog. You can see individual dots in the pic but to the neked eye they look very blended, for the most part. Hope y'all like it and thanks in advance for any comments, that are always welcome on my posts.

Attachments

• _20151013_192334.jpg
    _20151013_192334.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 303

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
a very cool & unique project i must say. the cutting/sculpting on this is just, well, very nice. i'd think it would be a joy to be included in such a project. this may not be possible, but could we all see a foto of the finished puzzle ? how many pieces are to be done ? how many engravers will be working on this project ? i could ask a dozen other questions. hopefully others will ask them for me !

Jared Eason

Elite Cafe Member
I'm hoping the project will be completed soon. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to divulge the details though just yet. I will post the final product when all engravers have sent there pieces in. In fact I may have been the last one. Ha-ha. Took me long enough to get to it. I believe there were 26 pieces, and if I'm not mistaken it was aimed at Hobo Nickel carvers to cut each piece. I have only seen a couple of others myself. The puzzle is a 5oz silver coin.

monk

Staff member
I'm hoping the project will be completed soon. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to divulge the details though just yet. I will post the final product when all engravers have sent there pieces in. In fact I may have been the last one. Ha-ha. Took me long enough to get to it. I believe there were 26 pieces, and if I'm not mistaken it was aimed at Hobo Nickel carvers to cut each piece. I have only seen a couple of others myself. The puzzle is a 5oz silver coin.

was each piece a part of the overall design ? or whatever you wanted to do ? as i said, this is a most fascinating project to be a part of.

monk

Staff member
Each artist did whatever they wanted to.I was honored to be a part or this project.

yeah, jared-- so cool to be included in such a venture. can't wait to see the assembled piece-- assuming you have permission to post it.

Latest posts

Sponsors