Project Godus

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
As being part of a kickstarter.com project started by 22cans I was asked to make 6 Ti pendants for their new game project called GODUS

If you want to know more about 22cans and GODUS, a delightful reinvention of the god game from 22cans and Peter Molyneux, who created the genre just take a look here.

Some of their backgrounds include Bullfrog Productions, Lionhead Studios, Electronic Arts, Microsoft and many others. Most of us have been developing computer games for a long time, and we’ve worked on titles such as Populous, Syndicate, Theme Park, Theme Hospital, Magic Carpet, Dungeon Keeper, Black & White, Fable, The Movies, Risen, Moshi Monsters, Sniper Elite V2, and Curiosity – what’s inside the cube of course.

The Ti pendants with diamond set I was asked to make, I had to think creative and quite fast and make one within a short time to show them.

Till now I have to make 6 and already 3 sold. If one pledge for 999£ for the GODUS project, he will have one. Only 3 out of 6 left.

So if any of you or your friends, even your Facebook friends, wants to be part of this project, share it on Facebook or pledge. Nothing wrong to pledge here BTW

Anyway, you will find a picture of the Ti pendant I made here, but I can show it here as well.

arnaud

Last edited:

DKanger

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It looks like a remake/clone of the original game of Civilization by Stan Meier.

mrthe

Sam is this Hammer designed by you? Great ! where we can find it?

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Sam, I didn't know you designed this hammer for GRS, anyway sure I like this hammer, and I have both models.
The most important thing 22cans asked me to do is show a design for the pendant they asked for. Instead of tying to make a design in 3D or whatever, I made one and took a photo to show my idea working this out. Instead of only showing the pendant, I made the choice putting the hammer and chisel next to it. I thought the hammer would be recognisable for most people who are not familiar with engraving. But it isn't that easy.
I still have lots of problems how to explain people what is an engraving. So this picture I thought it could help when I added some primitive tools. Second, I didn't had to show the pendant at a magnification times 10.

Paolo, you find this hammer from GRS here :http://www.grstools.com/chasing_hammers/044-220.html

arnaud

mrthe

Arnaud,thank you for the link, in Belgium where you buy the GRS products?

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Paolo, Maxim, is the son of Alexandre Sidorov, who has a engraving and stone setter school in Antwerp. Here is his website: http://alexandreschool.com/cms/
His son Maxim runs the tool shop in Antwerp, he has almost all GRS tools in stock and much more. I buy all my GRS tools from Maxim and he relay is a nice person.
It is also the place where Sam Allfano, Chris DeCamillis have their classes on engraving. It is that way I first met Chris DeCamillis in person by inviting him at my place on a Sunday, a day before starting a class on engraving.

arnaud

Arnaud Van Tilburgh

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Kickstarter project GODUS was successful.
So I had to finish 6 before the end of the week, and have 6 more to go.
It is a bit like a serial job, copying every move you make 6 times, but still keeping concentrated the same from nr 1 till nr 6.
Anyway, it was good practice on flair cut lettering.

arnaud

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Your beveled flare cutting is very impressive, Arnaud. There's nothing not to like about this. Oh, and the colors are really cool as well :cool:

Sponsors