+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Pledge Membership

Become a Pledge Member and show your support for the Cafe. Donations help to cover operating costs and upgrades and help keep this a free resource for hand engravers worldwide. Of course this is voluntary.
    Pledge Membership also allows you to list items in our Buy & Sell forum. All members may post replies, but if you want to start a thread and list an item, Pledge Membership is a requirement.

Donations are made securely through PayPal in a few easy steps.

1.) Click on SETTINGS on the right top of the page.

2.) Click on DONATIONS on the left side of the page and select the amount to donate.

That's it! Thank you for your donation. Your Pledge Membership is greatly appreciated!

THERE ARE NO REFUNDS FOR PLEDGE MEMBERSHIP. See below.

NOTICE NOTICE NOTICE: IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CANCEL ANY RECURRING PAYMENTS THAT YOU NO LONGER WISH TO MAKE, AND BEFORE THEY OCCUR.

Join me on Facebook

Sam on Instagram

:::: Leave more than you take ::::

Post Thanks / Like

Sam, I'm trying to get this to work for a donation. When I follow the instructions nothing happens.
    Thanks, Glenn

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see a problem Glenn. Are you clicking the SETTINGS link at the top of your page?

Join me on Facebook

Sam on Instagram

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Sam. I just needed a nudge to the right corner.

Post Thanks / Like

Sam,
    It appears that all options are for a recurring subscription rather than a single donation. Perhaps you can add a "one-time" donation option where a person can insert their own amount whenever the urge grabs them. Many don't like things that renew automatically instead of manually.

Post Thanks / Like

It's my understanding that it's relatively easy to cancel if you wish. If that's not the case let me know and maybe I can do it on my end. I don't want it to be a hassle for anyone.

Over the years we have had dozens of folks offer donations to help with forum expenses. Until this last expensive upgrade and relocation, we have politely declined as it wasn't necessary.

I've tried to set it up as I've seen on other forums, and that is to give a little special recognition and thanks by placing Pledge Member under the member's name. The forum's software automatically adds this when a donation is made. The donation 'expires' in one year (or 6 months in the case of a $15 donation). Hopefully members will donate again to support the forum. If they don't wish to they can cancel, decline, or do whatever. I'll be happy to refund any donation made in error or if someone changes their mind. Any amount can be done as a one-time donation to my email address. Unfortunately this won't automate the Pledge Member special recognition under the member name. That may or may not be important to some people. Personally, I think it's a nice way to show support.

I'm new at this so bear with me, and Abigail and I greatly appreciate the great show of support that we've gotten so far. Cafe members have really stepped up to the plate and things are looking great!

~Sam

Join me on Facebook

Sam on Instagram

Post Thanks / Like

Sam, not trying to be a pain, but, can you take a payment any other way? I am having a long running battle with Paypal and cannot support you that way. I'd love to help, just let me know how to do that. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry but we are only setup to accept PayPal payments.

Join me on Facebook

Sam on Instagram

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sam View Post
    It's my understanding that it's relatively easy to cancel if you wish. If that's not the case let me know and maybe I can do it on my end. I don't want it to be a hassle for anyone.
    It's easy to manage that. Go into your PayPal account, click on the My Account tab, then Profile and More Options. Under My Profile, click on My Money and then on the Update next to My preapproved payments. You can modify or cancel subscriptions in there.
    "Doc" - Neal L. Martin

NRA Patron Life Member
    "Never start vast projects with half-vast ideas." - - "Itís Never Too Late To Be What You Might Have Been"

Post Thanks / Like

Sam, Thanks for setting this up. It allows us a tangible way to show our appreciation for all you and Abigail have contributed to the forum.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast