Progress afterTelephone conversation with CARL BLEILE

CRW

Elite Cafe Member
Carl Bleile knew from my previous posts that being a beginner I was having trouble with background removal as well with other aspects of engraving. Much to my surprise he called me yesterday and we spoke for almost 2 hours. This was one of the most interesting and informative conversations that I have ever had. Because of the love of engraving, I can’t say enough about this call. It was like a telephone tutorial. I would ask a question and he would answer and send a photo for an explanation. I learned so much, I can’t wait to put these tips into practice. I got so much more out of it than reading the forum. Not that I don’t get a lot out of useful information from the forum, because I do. The forum is a wonderful and very valuable tool not only for beginners, but for everyone who loves engraving. But the phone conversation was much more because you can communicate one on one. Like I said before words cannot explain what this call meant to me.
Communication is the best way to get questions answered and then put the answers to work for you.
Carl, if you are reading this, I will never forget the tips you gave me and the honesty about my questions, and thanks so much for the pictures. You can call me anytime; it was such a wonderful way of tutoring. I can’t get over how much it helped me. You can look forward to future post of my work, and I know from this call I will be much improved. Here are 3 pictures, 1. Practice plate with a small of background removed. 2. Same practice plate after I put a border around the scroll with almost all the background removed with rotary tool, notice the black arrow on the bottom right, this was done after my conversation with Carl. 3. Same plate close up of the work after the talk with Carl. I realize this is very poor work, but the plate was already started and I wanted the practice. I promise I will get a lot better.
Thanks again
Carl Wallace

Attachments

• First Background.jpg
    First Background.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 166
  • PICT0249.jpg
    PICT0249.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 158
  • PICT0250.JPG
    PICT0250.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 189

KCSteve

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Wait until you get a chance to take a class or get some one-on-one instruction time.

I explain it this way: forums, books, and videos are all someone describing their steak to you.
In-person instruction is them giving you a bite.

CRW

Elite Cafe Member
Very well put Steve.
Thanks for the reply, I am really doing all the practice I can at the present time. Might not get to do much more until after Thanksgiving with company coming and all the cooking. I do almost all the cooking for the Holidays. It helps my wife out a lot since she is still working, it is the least I can do. I will post some more of my practice as soon as I can.
Carl

CRW

Elite Cafe Member
Isn't the trip FUN! Good for you!

Cloudy,
It is the most fun I have had in a while. I can't wait in the mornings to get to my workbench. I am really eat up with it. I sure think something will come out of all this practice.
Thanks for the input.
Carl

carl bleile

Elite Cafe Member
Carl W.
thanks for putting up the post and speaking so nicely about our conversation. There are times when people like me can not get enough information across by typing. The pleasure was all mine, I really enjoy helping anyone that has the passion and is willing learn.
Carl Bleile
southwest, Ohio

Andrew Biggs

Well, I can vouch for what Carl just said................

In the next issue of the FEGA Engraver magazine (issue #81 Jan/Feb/March) which should be in your letterboxes in January, Carl writes an excellent article, with some great photos, about his carving/sculpting techniques.

Cheers
Andrew

Latest posts

Sponsors