Problems with New Ben Franklin bill.

mdengraver

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Last edited:

Neo Dutch

Elite Cafe Member
Australia was one the first to have the polymer notes and there is a lot of counterfeits in circulation now.

Roger B

Elite Cafe Member
There are attempts to counterfeit and I am not saying that there are no counterfeits in circulation (that would be foolish) but they are harder to copy. I think it would be wrong to say that there are a "lot of counterfeits" in circulation.

http://banknotes.rba.gov.au/counterfeits.html

My understanding for the reason that the US did not have polymer was that they would have to import the technology to use on something which is as iconic as the "greenback"

mitch

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
as long as the USA continues to accept our old currency as legal tender, there is little motivation to counterfeit the new stuff. at some point, we will need to bow to reality and recall all the old bills.

Sam

Chief Administrator & Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
In a Mississippi town not far from us they discovered a bunch of counterfeit $100 bills which were originally $5 bills which had been bleached out and reprinted. By holding the bill up to the light you could see the image of Lincoln which was the giveaway, but apparently the bills would pass the test pen because the paper was authentic.

Latest posts

Sponsors