primitive caplock engraving

KSnyder

Elite Cafe Member
I did this one a while back, tried to stay somewhere around 1840's frame. Usually do flint but...........got this on a trade.Comments welcome.
Kent

Attachments

• DSCN0706.jpg
    DSCN0706.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 208

Bama

Elite Cafe Member
Nicely done Kent. I am glad to see that there are other longrifle lovers on this forum.

ddushane

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Cool Kent, I've got a 40 cal. Lancaster style that I built several years ago and want to engrave it one of these days and put a patch box in the butt like someone posted earlier. Just don't want to ruin it. Think I'll wait until I learn to engrave first :eek:. I basically designed my own kit gun. An elderly Gentleman here in town that use to build black powder guns measured me for the stock, let me pick through all of his catalogs and pick out all the different pieces to build the gun. It was a blast. Later, Dwayne

Gemsset

all very nice but a shame here in Belgium. Nobody may have a gun anymore except those who are legal hunters or those who are member of a shooting club. They have to fill in a demand to receive a license and this is already 9 pages long. We also have to pay 65€ for the license and after 5 years we have to do it all over again.

I have a beautifull shotgun Marlin pumpaction cal12 but am forced now to let it destroy by the police. I can not practise with such a gun because it is far to heavy. So engraving the gun is also history.

I envy you guys in America.

Cheers.
Carl

KSnyder

Elite Cafe Member
Gemsset, Yeah, we Americans take our freedoms for granted here but they are slowly being eroded away here also. I have heard many sad tales from other Europeans & British folks as well. The crime continues but you can't defend yourself.
Kent

Peter E

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Carl,
Very sad to hear of that restriction in Belgium. I am a firm believer in ones right to bear arms and protect yourself as well as sport shooting. It annoys me to constantly hear those that support absurd types of gun control here in the USA.

It seems perfectly obvious to me that people who commit crimes with guns are certainly NOT deterred by the legislation of gun control laws. All the laws seem to is to put hardships on law abiding citizens that enjoy owning and shooting guns. Yet criminals that commit heinous crimes seem to go in a short time only to commit more crimes!

Sorry to rant but I have strong feelings about gun control.

Peter

monk

Staff member
::::Pledge Member::::
engraving the front stuffers has been my favorite since i began engraving, your piece looks good, and also quite proper on the piece. monk