Question: Preparing for BATF

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
I'm prepping for my on site BATF inspection for my FFL. Can anyone give me some ideas about what to expect and anything that I absolutely must have?

thanks
bert

JJ Roberts

:::Pledge Member:::
::::Pledge Member::::
Bert,There going to ask you about a safe to keep customers guns,how far are you from the nearest school,do you have a zoning licence.My licence use to cost $30.00 for three years,then Clinton & Reno jacked it up $90.00 for three years,the next time I renew it will cost me $ 200.00.When the BATF agent ask me about the nearest school I told her she was sitting in it,the school bus's roll by around 7am.Good luck. J.J.

GTJC460

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
Thanks JJ. Already have a safe...nearest school is about a mile away within the town limit. Town has signed off on it as well as the chief local law enforcement officer. Local sheriff knows me personally, he was pretty excited about it.

JJ Roberts

Bert,It pays to know the right people,I been in Virgina for 26 years and made many new friends glad I got out of New Jersey no more gun shows.Loving gun friendly Virginia.:beerchug:J.J.

Wes L.

Biggest issue I had was a question of zoning. Needed a letter from the city manager approving the business at the location in our town.

JJ Roberts

Wes L.Weres how you deal with the town fathers on zoning go down and tell them your a firearms engraver and bring some gun parts not a complete gun and tell them thats all you engrave just parts and the only reason you need a FFL is because of any serial numbers.There also going to ask you about how many people come to your place,tell them you recieve all the parts in the mail,Fedx,UPS.USPS and you get maybe two customers a month coming to your place.Good luck. J.J.

Latest posts

Sponsors