Practice plate english scroll for school plus drawing in progress pics

Roger Bleile

~ Elite 1000 Member ~
It was all by hand whether Bram used the Lindsay or not. At least I assume his hand was controlling the Lindsay and not some machine.

Christian DeCamillis

Elite Cafe Member
Bram,

Great Work! The one thing i have to say is that for sometime now you have had a lot of negative response to a lot of your personal opinions. What i think is great about it is that you stick to your personal beliefs no matter what, BUT you also show that it works . As we say here in the US , You Talked the talk but you also walked the walk.

Do you have any drawing with dimensions for that vise ? That looks like it is smooth as silk and heavy. The one thing I never liked about a turntable was that if you use a scope you couldn't angle the the scope which I prefer to do. Of course you can angle the turntable but then the vise will slide off. This solves that issue. The vise system that Stevareno designed and patented would be good as well but it seems it never went into production.

Chris

Steveareno

Hi Chris and Bram

The one I made was getting to cost prohibitive because it is basically using the same components as a ball vice so one would have to pay for two vices and it doesn’t seem most engravers would be willing to spend that much. I know that Bram can do his own tooling so he can give it a go, although the quality of his engravings seems so good that whatever he is using now doesn’t need improvement. Keep up the great work!

Maybe I’ll show my set up in action again if anyone is interested.

Steve

bram ramon

Elite Cafe Member
Thanks Chris and Steve

I just try to do my best, but still have tons to learn!! You know you can know a lot but the expierence comes with years of working on that now!

The ball vise to be honest i made a quick sketch and made it..I don't know if i still have the sketch. Now i would make it differently. And turntable is "better" quicker when working than a the building eccentric one. Maybe one day i make the ideal engraving vise^^
And yes i'm really interested seeing your set up Steveareno!!

Have a nice sunday!!

bram